Saturday 4 February 2012

Aloe Care


I love Aloe Vera plants. My mom always had one in the house ever since I can remember. I love them for their health and medicinal benefits but I also love them for how cool they look.

For some reason my Aloe Vera plant has started to wilt a little. I’m concerned that it’s starting to die for some reason so I figured it was time to get busy and figure out what’s wrong.

My first attempt was a transplant and adding some compost to the soil. I gave it a few weeks, almost a month now but it seems to still be struggling along. So what’s the next thing for a girl to do? Turn to the internet! I like to know as much as I can on all the plants I own so I can care for them the best and most accurate way possible (my plants are like my babies).

So after doing some searching here’s some basic information on the Aloe Vera plant:

“The Aloe Vera's care needs are just that of a cactus. It thrives in bright light so keep it within 5 feet of a east or west facing window. This houseplant also just like the cactus tolerates very infrequent watering. You will only need to water this plant once every 2 weeks.

This houseplant can grow very big, very fast. If the plant begins to outgrow its pot, like it probably will, you may simply transplant sections and place it in another pot with dirt. The plant also does not appear to be very picky about its soil type either.”

Pretty basic right? I’m not too sure what I’m doing wrong, my guess is over watering.

Do you have a plant horror story or any suggestions for me? I’d love to hear them!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your thoughts! I read each and every comment :)