Friday 3 February 2012

Animals are skinned alive for fashion...Nothing new....



I read this article today that made me very sad and angry...And then I watched the video they had attached.

So turns out these poor animals end up on Ugg boots.

I knew before I watched the video I wouldn't like it. I knew I would likely either want to throw up or it would make me cry. I started watching it almost hiding behind my hands. I got about a minute in and then started to ball. And ball. And then some more.

I didn't make it through the whole video. Seeing one animal go through that was enough for me.

I read through the article looking for something, some sort of call to action and there was nothing.

I hate this.

There's really nothing I can do. I mean, yes, don't buy Uggs, but other then that? And I'm not really mad at the people that are doing it. To a degree yes because I don't get how someone can just turn off like that and skin an animal alive like that, but I'm more mad at us, and how we support it. We drive people to jobs like this. And I was thinking if this is the only way these people have to provide for their families what else are they going to do? They likely don't have enough money to shoot eat animal in the head before, but at least come up with something else! Some other alternative! Slit the throat? I know, gross and still horrible but better to a degree.

I'm not going to keep going about this, I'm really upset, but I wanted to share it with you none less.

3 comments:

  1. I can't even watch these videos anymore either. Last week was a right off because I felt the suffering of people & animals so strong. I was on the verge of vomiting all week and I cried so much.
    People don't know or they don't want to know because how can you conscientiously watch and know what you put a living thing through just to have the newest fashion? But at the same time there is good and there is evil in the world.

    Animals will continue to suffering sadly because it is part of the 'machine' we are in. There is a demain so they have to supply it. The only way to stop it is to join forces with others that believe that this is not a right way to get what we WANT BUT DON'T NEED.

    Some info:
    https://secure.peta.org/site/Advocacy?cmd=display&page=UserAction&id=3969
    http://www.causes.com/campaigns/184917?ref=share&fundraiser_id=null

    I am not going to watch this video but I am sure it is horrible and I will loss more sleep over it because I just want to save them all.
    I love you Mandi and know that you are not alone in feeling this way. Use your passion to fuel this need to end mistreatment of all living thing.
    Love your big sista.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh thanks!! ya i'm excited about it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! I didn't know that they did that to them while they were alive! That is horrible! Why, why and HOW? Money or not, you have to be one heartless sob to do that! Someone should skin them alive and make a purse! I do wish that something could be done....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your thoughts! I read each and every comment :)